1 What is the monitoring (slave) mode
One of the operating modes supported by WLAN: monitor mode. After selecting the monitor mode to connect the instrument, WLAN Meter can monitor the current VSA working status and configuration information of the instrument. At this time, WLAN Meter can be configured to select the RF port corresponding to the VSA that needs to be monitored, and other options of VSA/VSG cannot be configured. It belongs to the view monitoring mode. .
2 Operation steps
(1) Open WLAN Meter, in the menu bar "device settings"-"operation mode settings"-select "monitoring mode"
(2) Enter the IP of the working instrument that needs to be connected and monitored, and then click the link
(3) After connecting, you can set a specific RF port to be monitored. After "Device Settings"-"Advanced Settings", the following setting interface will pop up (the menu in the red box will not appear until the monitor mode connection is successful)
Adapter port default configuration diagram
Monitoring mode RF port configuration description: If the corresponding monitoring RF port is selected, the signal monitored by the Meter in the monitoring mode is the signal received by the corresponding RF port of the instrument; if not selected, the signal received by any RF port of the instrument will be Displayed in Meter in monitor mode.
3 Application scenarios
One of the auxiliary functions for developers to find problems. How to handle an exception when using the API. Check the current signal received by the instrument, determine whether the frequency point of the instrument is set correctly, and check whether the configured parameters are correct. Check whether the collected signal has truncation distortion, which is used in the software developed by the customer, and the detailed collection effect and related configuration are not clear. It can provide reference and inspection to assist in problem solving and status viewing.
1) The reference level after AutoRange is very low, which is lower than the transmit power of the DUT. It is likely that the DUT is not sending a signal, or the frequency set by the VSA is inconsistent with the frequency sent by the DUT. You can use the meter monitor mode to connect to the instrument to view The appearance of the signal received by the instrument is used to determine whether the DUT is sending a signal or the VSA frequency of the instrument is set correctly, or the RF port is wrong. If the RF port is wrong, you can directly view the instrument’s RF port light To judge.
2) DataCapture fails. If it is in Trigger mode, the reference level may be set incorrectly, or the DUT may not send out a signal, or the VSA frequency point or RF port may not match up. You can use the FreeRun mode to collect the signal and view it according to the Meter monitor mode. Look for the captured signal to find the problem. Generally, the acquisition in FreeRun mode will not fail.
3) GetResult fails, or the obtained analysis result feels wrong, it may be that the reference level is set too low, which causes the collected signal to be distorted. You can use the Meter monitor mode to check whether the collected signal has clipping distortion; if the collected signal is not What is the problem, but the result is still not solved, it may be the demodulation parameter demod setting of the VSA, check whether it is set correctly; if the analysis result is wrong, you can use the API WT_DataStore to save the signal and indicate which type it is The signal is then sent to relevant R&D personnel for analysis.
In summary, when finding problems, you should use Meter's monitoring mode for assistance.
4 The Meter interface is displayed as follows:
The result of Meter normal mode:
Results viewed in Meter monitoring mode:
The data and configuration displayed in the monitor mode correspond to the data and configuration in the normal meter mode!